PUNJAB QUALIFYING CHESS CHAMPIONSHIP 2018 – LAHORE
2nd February (arrival) to 5th February (Departure) (FIDE RATED)
FIDE EVENT CODE: 180847
Grace Hotel, Opp. Haji Camp, 25-Nicholson Road, Lahore.
The Championships will be organized by Chess Association of Punjab (CAP) in collaboration with Chess Federation of Pakistan (CFP) and under the Umbrella of Asian Chess Federation (ACF) and World Chess Federation (FIDE).
Top 10 (6+4)* players of the championship shall qualify to represent Punjab in 31st National Chess Championship 2018 to be held in Peshawar from 10-17 March.
All the participants, with no exemption, must be registered member of Chess Federation of Pakistan (CFP) and must have Fide ID number to take part in the competition.
Each member district of Chess Association of Punjab (CAP) has the right to enter 02 players as official/ invited players entitled to FREE ENTRY & FREE ACCOMMODATION for the said period subject to the following conditions;
- The names of the qualified players are communicated by 26th January on the letterhead of respective association duly signed and stamped by authorized person.
- Report of the last district championship has been be sent by 26th
- Payment of the affiliation fee of Rs.2000/ due to Chess Association of Punjab on arrival.
Besides the above quota, open entries shall also be accepted from individual players according to the following schedule of entry fee.
- Fide Rated players (ACTIVE): Rs.2000/ (Active players according to Fide Rating List Feb. 2018)
- Fide Rated players (INACTIVE): Rs.2500/
- Players Not Rated: Rs.3000/
- Under 16 years of age: Rs.1000/
- Under 12 years of age: Rs.500/
- Women players Fide Rated: 500/
- Women players Not Rated: Rs.1000/
Players shall be added to confirm players list only after the payment of entry fee.
Defending Champion shall have the right of direct entry with free accommodation & free entry subject to in-time confirmation.
TIME CONTROL & SYSTEM OF PLAY
The Championship shall be played according to swiss league system with 07 rounds. Latest Fide laws shall govern the event. The time control will be 90 minutes with a 30 seconds increment for every move played starting from the move one. The Championship shall be rated by World Chess Federation (FIDE).
All official/ invited players shall be provided free accommodation at Grace Hotel, 25 Nicholson Road opposite Haji Camp. Lahore from January 2nd (day of arrival) to January 5th (day of departure) 2018.
Cash Prizes shall be announced during the opening ceremony.
SCHEDULE OF PLAY:
|1||ARRIVAL||Friday||2nd Feb. 2018||11:00 AM|
|2||OPENING CEREMONY||Friday||2nd Feb. 2018||02:00 PM|
|3||ROUND 01||Friday||2nd Feb. 2018||03:00 PM|
|4||ROUND 02||Saturday||3rd Feb. 2018||10:00 AM|
|5||ROUND 03||Saturday||3rd Feb. 2018||03:00 PM|
|6||ROUND 04||Sunday||4th Feb. 2018||10:00 AM|
|7||ROUND 05||Sunday||4th Feb. 2018||03:00 PM|
|8||ROUND 06||Monday||5th Feb. 2018||10:00 AM|
|10||ROUND 07||Monday||5th Feb. 2018||03:00 PM|
|12||PRIZE DISTRIBUTION CEREMONY||Monday||5th Feb. 2018||07:00 PM|
|13||DEPARTURE||Monday||5th Feb. 2018||07:30 PM|
The Chairman and members of the Appeals Committee of the competition will be announced before start of round 01.
The appeal submission fee shall be set at the same time.
- Buchholz (variable with parameter ) [0,0,N,Y,0,N] 
- Buchholz (variable with parameter ) [1,1,N,Y,0,N] 
- Sonneborn-Berger (0,0,N,S,0,N,N) 
Swiss manager pairing software shall be used.
- Waqar Ahmad Madni – NA (Chief Arbiter)
- Muhammad Saad ( Assistant Arbiter)
SPECIAL COMPETITION RULES:
- Any player who will not arrive at his board 60 minutes after the start of the session shall lose the game.
- To maintain the score sheet is mandatory.
- Players cannot leave the playing hall without the permission of the Chief Arbiter.
- Mobile phones or any electronic device in the playing hall in any case shall not be allowed.
Open entrants can pay entry fee or CFP Annual registration fee (or both if applicable) though following moods till 30th January.
(Players who are not registered with Chess Federation of Pakistan (don’t have Fide ID) or have not renewed it should pay its annual registration fee of Rs.1500/ beside the entry fee. In case of new registration, a copy of CNIC/ Passport or B-form must be submitted along with the fee)
Bank transfer: Cash Deposit:
Waqar Ahmad Madni Mr. Abdur Rahim
0247 0060 00 0060 Manager Grace Hotel
Faysal Bank Limited 25, Nicholson Road Lahore, Ph.042 36300991
After the payment send the receipt (a copy of CNIC/ Passport or B-form in case of new registration) to email@example.com to confirm your registration.
Mr. Waqar Ahmad Madni Mr. Ghulam Abbas Mr. Muhammad Shafique
firstname.lastname@example.org Ph. 0301 6535241 0321 4071658
* Top 6 players shall be entitled to all facilities offered by the Host of 31st National such as free entry, free accommodation and TA/ DA. While players obtaining 7th to 10th position shall be entitled to free entry only.