Chess Federation of Pakistan (CFP) cordially invites all affiliated provincial Associations/ Departments and registered chess players to take part in PAKISTAN NATIONAL CADET & YOUTH CHESS CHAMPIONSHIS 2018, U08, U10, U12, U14, U16, U18, U20 (BOYS & GIRLS) going to be held from 22-23 June at Lahore Grammar School, Johar Town, Lahore. All the events shall be played separately and shall be FIDE Rated.
Chess Federation of Pakistan under the umbrella of World Chess Federation (FIDE) and Asian Chess Federation (ACF).
Lahore Grammar School, Johar Town, Lahore.
June 22, 2018
10:00 AM Reporting time
10:30 AM Technical Meeting
10:50 AM Player list shown at Notice Board
11:00 AM – 02:00 PM Playing Time
02:00 PM – 03:00 PM Break
03:00 PM – 06:00 PM Playing Time
June 23, 2018
10:30 AM – 01:30 PM Playing time
01:30 PM – 02:30 PM Break
02:30 PM – 06:00 PM Playing Time
06:30 PM Closing Ceremony
07:00 PM Departure
1. All the registered members of Chess Federation of Pakistan having valid FIDE ID may participate. Players who wish to be registered may visit following page for information in this regard;
2. Provincial Associations has the right to enter one player in each category as official players, with one manager with following entitlement;
• Free Entry
• Free Accommodation
3. Departments shall bear their all expenses on their own. Players wishing to represent any department, must have official letter duly signed and stamped by relevant authority.
4. All participants regardless of status must have any document as a proof of date of Birth. Cutoff date is 01-01-2018.
5. QUALIFYING FOR:
The Winners/ Champions of each category will represent Pakistan in the following International events;
• Asian Junior and Girls Championships 2018 Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia 17-26 Aug-2018
• World Youth U14, U16, U18 Championships 2018 Halkidiki, Greece 19-31-Oct-2018
• World Cadet U8, U10, U12 Championships 2018 Galicia, Spain 03-16-Nov-2018
• World Youth U-16 Chess Olympiad 2018 Manavgat-Antalya, Turkey 24 Nov-3 Dec 2018
Medals and certificates for top 3 winners of each category.
8. SYSTEM and RATE OF PLAY:
1. All the Championships shall be played under Swiss league system with a time control of 30 minutes plus 30 second increment starting from move 01. In case of 8 players or less, round robin system shall be adopted.
2. Latest FIDE Laws of Chess shall govern the event.
9. TIE BREAKS SYSTEM and PAIRING SOFTWARE:
Tie Break system depends on the system of play. Swiss Manager pairing software shall be used.
10. INTERNATIONAL RANKING:
Results will be sent to World Chess Federation for rating calculations. All the players showing necessary results shall be placed in World Ranking list and National Ranking list according to their performance.
11. ENTRY FEE:
Entry Fee for participation is PKR.1000/
12. APPEAL COMMITTEE:
1. Before the commencement of the championship, a 04 member Appeals Committee shall be formed by the CFP/ Organizers. All the members shall be from the different provinces/ dept. (subject to availability). No member of the Committee can vote on dispute in which a player from his own provinces/ dept. is involved. The decision of the Appeals Committee shall be final and binding on players concerned.
2. Appeals, if any, against the decision of the Chief Arbiter, shall be made in writing with protest fee of PKR.1000/ within 30 minutes of the occurrence of the incident. The amount shall be refunded if the appeal is upheld.
3. For interpretation of the Rules and deciding any point not covered by Rules, the decision of the appeal Committee shall be final and binding.
1. Chief Arbiter:
Mr. Waqar Ahmad Madni (NA)
2. Deputy & Assistant Arbiters shall be decided in the Managers meeting and will be displayed in the playing hall before start of round 1.
14. ANTI-CHEATING GUIDELINES:
1. The FIDE Anti-Cheating guidelines are valid for the Championship. During the Championship random inspections are possible. In this regard, further information is available at;
15. REGISTRATION DEADLINE:
1. Registration deadline is 20th June. After this date no official or open entries shall be accepted in any case.
2. Open entrants will be added to confirm players list only after the payment of entry fee.
16. SPECIAL COMPETITION RULES:
1. Players are not allowed to bring mobile phones or other electronic devices to the tournament hall, any violation shall result in loss of game. Organizer will provide deposit point outside playing hall, where player can leave their mobile devices at their own risk. In case of spectator the violation may cause expulsion from the playing hall without any warning.
2. Five minutes before the games start, the Chief Arbiter shall make the announcement accordingly. If any player is not present within 15 minutes after the game is started, he/she shall lose by default.
3. To minimize the claims of illegal assistance, a relative, close friend or coach of a player shall not be allowed to stand in front of the player during game. He/ she may stand behind the player, not visible to the player.
4. Players shall not be allowed to leave playing hall without permission of the Chief Arbiter.
5. Players during their games shall not be allowed to talk to anyone except Arbiter/s.
6. Strict measures shall be taken to ensure fair play so all the participants are obliged to follow the general rules and regulations even not mentioned in this document.
FOR INQUIRIES/ REGISTRATION
Mr. Waqar Ahmad Madni
Chess Federation of Pakistan
Mr. Wasif Nisar
Chess Federation of Pakistan
Mr. Faisal Raheem