Chess Federation of Pakistan in collaboration with Punjab Chess Association & University of Management & Technology Lahore, under the umbrella of World Chess Federation (FIDE) and Asian Chess Federation (ACF), is pleased to announced its 31st National Chess Championship at the prestigious venue of University of Management & Technology Lahore from 02-08 April, 2018.
All the affiliated units and registered member players are invited to take part. Chess Federation of Pakistan will select 5 players from this event who will represent Pakistan in 43rd World Chess Olympiad to be held in Batumi, Georgia from 23rd September to 6th October, 2018.
Chess Federation of Pakistan (CFP)
University of Management & Technology (UMT) Johar Town Lahore.
EVENT DAY DATE TIME Arrival of official players Monday 2nd April 2018 01:00 PM Managers Meeting Monday 2nd April 2018 05:00 PM Opening Ceremony Tuesday 3rd April 2018 09:30 AM Round 01 Tuesday 3rd April 2018 10:00 AM Round 02 Tuesday 3rd April 2018 04:00 PM Round 03 Wednesday 4th April 2018 10:00 AM Round 04 Wednesday 4th April 2018 04:00 PM Round 05 Thursday 5th April 2018 10:00 AM Round 06 Thursday 5th April 2018 04:00 PM Round 07 Friday 6th April 2018 10:00 AM Round 08 Friday 6th April 2018 04:00 PM Round 09 Saturday 7th April 2018 10:00 AM Round 10 Saturday 7th April 2018 04:00 PM Round 11 Sunday 8th April 2018 10:00 AM Closing Ceremony Sunday 8th April 2018 04:00 PM Departure Sunday 8th April 2018 05:00 PM
1. All the registered members of Chess Federation of Pakistan having valid FIDE ID may participate. Players who wish to be registered may visit following page for information in this regard;
2. Provincial Associations has the right to enter 10 players (06+04) plus 01 manager/ captain as official players with following entitlement;
06 players – Free Entry, Free Accommodation, Travelling Allowance, Daily Allowance
04 players – Free Entry only
3. Departments shall bear their all expenses on their own. Players wishing to represent any department, must have official letter duly signed and stamped by relevant authority.
5. Defending National Champion has the right of Direct Entry and shall be entitled to free entry, Business class return train fare and free accommodation (single room) with three meal a day.
Top 5 players of the Championship shall qualify to represent Pakistan in 43rd World Chess Olympiad to be held in Batumi, Georgia from 23rd September to 6th October, 2018.
7. SYSTEM & RATE OF PLAY:
1. The Championship shall a Swiss league event with Eleven (11) rounds. Time control shall be 90 minutes with an increment of 30 seconds starting from move 1.
2. Latest FIDE Laws of Chess shall govern the event.
8. TIE BREAKS SYSTEM & PAIRING SOFTWARE:
Tie Break system shall be decided in Managers Meeting and will be displayed in the playing hall before start of round 1. Swiss Manager pairing software shall be used.
9. FIDE TITLE NORMS & INTERNATIONAL RATINGS:
The players shall be rated and shall be placed in world and continental players list by World Chess Federation (FIDE) according to their performance. Fide Title Norms will be available in accordance with 1.43a of FIDE Title Regulations. For further information kindly visit;
10. TRAVEL & DAILY ALLOWANCE:
All the official players & Managers shall be offered economy class train fare (One way) and a daily allowance of PKR.1500/
All the official players & Managers shall be offered free accommodation from 2nd April (day of arrival) to 8th April (day of departure)
12. ENTRY FEE:
Beside official players open entries shall also be accepted according to the following schedule.
|FIDE RATED Players (Active)||PKR.3000/|
|FIDE RATED Players (Inactive)||PKR.4000/|
|Players NOT RATED||PKR.4000/|
|Women FIDE RATED||PKR.2000/|
|Women NOT RATED||PKR.3000/|
|Under 16 (Boys & Girls) all||PKR.2000/|
13. APPEAL COMMITTEE:
1. Before the commencement of the championship, a five member Appeals Committee shall be formed by the CFP/ Organizers. All the members shall be from the different provinces/ dept. No member of the Committee can vote on dispute in which a player from his own provinces/ dept. is involved. The decision of the Appeals Committee shall be final and binding on players concerned.
2. Appeals, if any, against the decision of the Chief Arbiter, shall be made in writing with protest fee of within one hour of the occurrence of the incident. The amount shall be refunded if the appeal is upheld.
3. For interpretation of the Rules and deciding any point not covered by Rules, the decision of the appeal Committee shall be final and binding.
1. Chief Arbiter:
Mr. Waqar Ahmad Madni (NA)
2. Deputy & Assistant Arbiters shall be decided in the Managers meeting and will be displayed in the playing hall before start of round 1.
15. ANTI-CHEATING GUIDELINES:
1. The FIDE Anti-Cheating guidelines are valid for the Championship. During the Championship random AC inspections are possible. In this regard, further information is available at;
16. REGISTRATION DEADLINE:
1. Registration deadline is 25th March. After this date no official or open entries shall be accepted in any case.
2. Open entrants will be added to confirm players list only after the payment of entry fee.
17. SPECIAL COMPETITION RULES:3
1. All participants regardless of status must have any original document bearing photo for identification to enter the UMT (the venue).
2. Players are not allowed to bring mobile phones or other electronic devices to the tournament hall, any violation shall result in loss of game. Organizer will provide deposit point outside playing hall, where player can leave their mobile devices at their own risk. In case of spectator the violation may cause expulsion from the playing hall without any warning.
3. Five minutes before the games start, the Chief Arbiter shall make the announcement accordingly. If any player is not present within an hour after the game is started, he shall lose by default.
4. To minimize the claims of illegal assistance, a relative, close friend or coach of a player shall not be allowed to stand in front of the player during game. He/ she may stand behind the player, not visible to the player.
5. Players shall not be allowed to leave playing hall without permission of the Chief Arbiter.
6. Players during their games shall not be allowed to talk to anyone except Arbiter/s.
7. Smoking is not allowed in the university premises.
8. To maintain the score sheet is mandatory. Both players must sign both score sheets and fill-in in all respect clearly indicating the result before submitting. In case both players failed to submit the score sheet, the result shall be 0-0.
9. Strict measures shall be taken to ensure fair play so all the participants are obliged to follow the general rules and regulations even not mentioned in this document.
FOR INQUIRIES/ REGISTRATION
|Mr. Waqar Ahmad Madni
Chess Federation of Pakistan
email@example.com 695 7799
|Mr. Ferman Aziz
Chess Federation of Pakistan
|PAYMENT OPTIONS FOR ENTRY/ REGISTRATION FEES|
|For Bank transfer/ Cheque:
NAME: WAQAR AHMAD MADNI
A/C NO: 0247 0060 00 0060
FAYSAL BANK LIMITED
|For Cash deposit:
Mr. Ferman Aziz
4 – SHAIRSHAH BLOCK
NEW GARDEN TOWN LAHORE