25th Abu Dhabi International Chess Festival 2018
Under the Patronage of H.H Sheikh Nahyan bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Chairman of Abu Dhabi Sport Council.
Abu Dhabi Chess Festival Committee has the honor of inviting you to take part in a distinguished chess annual
event, which consists of numerous FIDE registered tournaments. It will be held in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of
the UAE from 6th until 16rd of August, 2018.
Abu Dhabi Chess & Culture Club is organizing the festival in cooperation with Abu Dhabi Sports Council and
guarantees the tournament will be held in accordance with FIDE chess rules and regulations.
1- Masters Tournament:
Open to all Fide- rated players with standard rating of 2100 ELO and above “Exception Abu Dhabi chess players”
(as of 1st Jul 2018,). Tournament will be a 9 rounds Swiss system, time control 90 min for each player and 30
seconds increment for each. 30-minute tolerance will be applied. The organizing committee shall provide free
accommodation in a five stars’ hotel for players rated 2600+ and women with standard Elo of 2400+ (prior
approval from the committee is needed in order to guarantee the accommodation. Only for limited players who
register first). FIDE ID is required. Entry Fees AED 073 (US$ 033). GM, IM with standard Elo Above 2400 and
WGM are exempted from entry and registration Fees.
2- Open Tournament:
Open for players rated 2000 ELO and below (as of 1st Jul 2017,). The tournament will be a 9 rounds Swiss system,
time control 90 min for each player and 30 seconds increment for each move. 30-minute tolerance will be applied.
FIDE ID is required. Entry fees AED 033 (US$ 03). IM’s & GM’s are exempted from this condition
3- Juniors Tournament (under 16 years):
Open for players born in 2002 or later. The tournament will be a 9 rounds Swiss system, time control 70 min for
each player for the whole game. 30-minute tolerance will be applied.
FIDE ID is required. Entry fees AED 100 (US$ 27). IM’s & GM’s are exempted from this condition
*Only rated junior players are eligible to play in two tournaments (open and juniors tournament).
Exception Abu Dhabi Chess players if the committee accepted.
4- Blitz tournament: Swiss system, 11 rounds, 3 min + 2 sec increment. Entry fees AED 100 (US$ 27). GM,
IM with standard Ello Above 2400 and WGM are exempted.
5- Simultaneous exhibition: Held by a renowned international GM. Free Registration
6- Homeland protector’s tournament: Open to members of military and police and national service. Swiss
system, 7 rounds, 15 min. If there are 10 or less teams participating, the tournament will be a round robin
7- Family Team Tournament: Swiss system, 7 rounds, 15 min. Open to teams of 2 players (player + one of
the parents). If there are 10 or less teams participating, the tournament will be a round robin. Free
1. Direct Encounter (The Result of the Players in The Same Point Group)
2. ARCO (Average Rating of Opponents Cut 1)
Tournament Prizes (in U.S. dollars)
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10
Masters tournament $13000 $7,500 $5,500 $3,500 $2000 $1500 $1000 $800 $700 $600
Master Tournament Best Player
$500 $400 $300
Master Tournament – Best Female $500
Open tournament $2000 $1500 $1200 $1000 $800 $500 $400
Open Tournament – Best 1700 &below
$1000 $700 $500
Open Tournament – Best Unrated $1000 $700 $500
Open Tournament – Best Female $300
Juniors tournament $1500 $1000 $700 $500 $400 $300
Juniors tournament best U14 $500 $300 $150
Juniors tournament best U12 $500 $300 $150
Juniors tournament best U10 $500 $300 $150
Juniors tournament best U8 $300
Blitz tournament $1000 $700 $500
Family team tournament $500 $300 $200
Homeland protector’s tournament $700 $500 $300
The closing ceremony will take place on 15th of August 2018 at 7pm.
1. Simultaneous exhibition winners.
2. Best UAE player in Masters Tournament.
3. Best UAE Player in Open Tournament
4. Best UAE Female Player in Open Tournament
5. Best UAE player in Juniors Tournament.
6. Best UAE female player in Junior’s Tournament
7. Best player of the Abu Dhabi Chess Club in each category (U8, U10, U12, U14, and U16)
8. Best female player of the Abu Dhabi Chess Club in each category (U8, U10, U12, U14, and U16)
Registration & Related Fees
Registration is accepted online via the following link. www.adchessfestival.com Please send us a filled
registration form (you can find it below) and a passport copy with two photos to firstname.lastname@example.org
Last day of registration is 22nd July 2018. All participating players accept to fully comply with the regulations of the tournament and the organizer
Entry fee and related payments must be paid in FULL prior to the deadline (1st Aug, 2018) either in cash at
Abu Dhabi Chess & Culture club or through Bank Transfer/ Deposit to the following Address:
Name: Abu Dhabi Chess & Culture Club Bank: Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank Branch: Najda Street Branch
Swift Code: ABDIAEAD Account Number :10079393 IBAN: AE51 0500000000010079393
Currency: AED Address: Al Najda Street Branch, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Kindly mention your FIDE Name & FIDE ID in your transfer and send a copy of the transfer to:
1. The organizing committee will provide a visa for foreign players according to legal procedures of UAE
after receiving the registration form and a passport copy including two photos before 1
st of July 2018.
2. The organizing committee will provide special rates for participants who wish to stay in a hotel.
3. Participants from abroad can come through Abu Dhabi International Airport, Dubai International Airport
(150 km from Abu Dhabi) or Sharjah International airport (180km from Abu Dhabi). Organizer Committee
will provide the invited players Pickup transportation (from Airport to hotel/ from hotel to airport) only from
Abu Dhabi Airport.
General Condition for Tournaments
1. Smoking is strictly prohibited within public buildings and playing hall
2. The use of mobile phones, computers and other electronic devices in the tournament hall is strictly
3. Players are responsible for submitting their scoresheets by themselves after their game; otherwise, the game
will be evaluated as 0:0!
4. Players who provide false information on their entry form (especially concerning ratings) risk to be
excluded from the tournament.
5. The first round will start after the opening ceremony ends immediately. Opening Ceremony starts on 14th
Aug at 5:30 pm.
6. Late arrivals of max 30 minutes are allowed. If a player is more than 30 minutes late, his game will be
considered lost by forfeit.
7. Official Hotel Accommodation for the tournament & Venue will be published on the Festival website
8. Arrival day is 13th Aug 2017.
Name: _____________ Father’s Name: _______________ Mother’s Name: ______________
Nationality: _____________ Date of Birth: ___________ Place of birth: _____________
Passport number: ________________ Country of issue: ________________ Date of Issue:
_____________ Date of Expiry: ______________ International ELO Rating: ____________
Int Title: _____ FIDE ID_______ Phone Number: ____ ______Fax Number: ___________
E-mail: ____________________ Airline carrier: _________________ Airport of departure:
__________________Airport of arrival: _______________Time of arrival: ____________
** Important note for participants outside UAE: Please fill out the registration form and send it to the
organizing committee no later than 1
st of July, 2018.
**Players without a valid FIDE ID are not allowed to participate in the festival and will not be accepted.
For further information, please contact Mr. Zuhair Ahmad, general coordinator of the festival on phone
number: (+971506113117) or email: email@example.com or you can visit our website Festival Site
www.adchessfestival. Abu Dhabi Chess Club web Site www.abudhabichess.com